Choosing an education for your child is a critical decision that will impact the prospects and successes of your child in a personal and professional capacity. There is much debate about the type of education that produces the best results. In this post we will be discussing private vs homeschooling.
Private schools have some positive points to consider:
- Private schools rely on tuition payments and funds from nonpublic sources such as religious organizations, endowments, grants, and charitable donations. Tuition can be expensive but something some parents will pay as a “worthy” expense.
- Smaller classroom size than public education classrooms.
- Stricter teachings and discipline for the students.
- Your pool of students is usually chosen to be allowed to attend school, helps weed out the “undesirables.”
Even though there are “positive” points here are some things to consider:
- Most private schools use academic curriculum that is available to homeschoolers. You can get the same education at home by just purchasing the same curriculum.
- Most private school students act no different socially than public school students do. Just because your child attends a private school doesn’t mean they are exempt from bullies, drugs, or school shootings.
Still not convinced that private is the best option, consider homeschooling. With homeschooling you:
- Get more personal attention
- You have a flexible schedule
- Not a whole lot of distractions socially
- Only one person to focus on, most teachers have 30 or more students to keep in line.
- If you have a child that is ahead in one thing, you can keep advancing them
- If you get excited about one thing you can keep learning about it and let everything else go
- If you have a question, you can get answers readily available instead of waiting to talk to an instructor after class
Can I give my child the same academic education that they would receive in a private school setting by myself teaching that to my child? The answer is YES. You can give your child a level of education that they would receive in a private school setting at a fraction of the cost. Plus they would receive all the benefits of a one on one instructor. If you are looking to make a change concerning your child’s education click here……https://www.myhomeschoolroadmap.com/